We are dedicated to providing compassionate care for your animal companion while enriching the lives of our clients, staff, and community.
The Northwest Veterinary Clinic Healthcare Team
Born in 1890, Carl Hjort would go on to graduate from the college of veterinary medicine at Washington State University in 1915. He founded Northwest Veterinary Clinic in 1917.
Dr. William Townsend joined Dr. Hjort around 1920. In 1940’s, Northwest Veterinary Clinic occupied a building near where the Stanwood Middle School now sits and remained there for the next 20 years. Dr. Harold Warskinske joined the practice in 1943 followed by Dr. Roy Schonberg in 1957.
Concurrently, a satellite office was established in Arlington in 1948 which was eventually sold off in 2004.
We moved to our current location at 8500 Cedarhome Dr in 1964.
The 60’s and early 70’s were an exciting time!!!! Dr. Eugene Elefson joined the practice in 1965 and in 1972, BOVA Transplant was founded which started doing some of the first bovine embryo transfers in Holstein cattle.
Dr. Andy Stang joined the practice in 1975 and remained with us until his retirement in 2010. Dr. Dan Haskins joined soon after in 1978. The first major addition to the clinic was completed in 1979. This addition added our current reception area, doctors offices and waiting room.
Drs. Bruce Collins and Steve Boskovich joined the practice in 1985 & 1987 respectively. Dr. Collins retired in 2012 and is enjoying all the fishing he can handle!!!
Dr. Tim Cuchna joined the practice in 1990 and the next major renovation to the clinic occurred in 1995.
Dr’s Melissa Albert joined the practice in 2010 followed by Drs. Claire Tungseth, Andrea Brayko & Alyssa Rasweiler all in 2017.
2017 has brought some BIG changes!!!! Twenty-one years have passed since the last remodel and after much deliberation & planning, we embarked on the current renovation. This iteration of the clinic will see the addition of two new exam rooms, an expanded waiting area, and larger treatment area which will improve our service delivery to our clientel. We can’t wait to celebrate our centennial with the new facilities next year!